Saturday, February 6, 2010

CRAFT PARTY


Last Wednesday Anna and I hosted a craft party for some of the girls in the villiage. We had 8 girls come. Most were from the youth group, but also 2 of our neighbors came. We were crowded, but I was glad so many people showed.

In Romania food seems to be a part of many events, so Anna and I made sure we had plenty. We had popcorn, zucchini bread, peanut butter bars, and nuts. I think the peanut butter bars were the favorite of everyone.


For a craft we decided to make woven heart baskets. They don't celebrate Valentine's day here, but we still thought hearts would work well.

The actual making of the hearts was difficult, so Anna and I helped most of the girls with theirs. I think the girls enjoyed decorating the hearts. They are creative and everyone's heart turned out well.

We didn't have much of a chance to talk to the girs during the party. Most of the girls who came don't speak much English, but I hope that being around each other will help us become more comfortable. I don't feel like we made any big steps in forming friendships, but I will have to trust God that eventually friendships will happen.--Mikayla

No comments: